Our mission is to perform and transfer research results on III-N high frequency and high power technology directly exploitable by industrial partners at different levels in the supply chain.
Our vision is to further stimulate and boost the Swedish Industry-Academia Cluster on group III-nitrides and to elevate its position and become the leading wide bandgap cluster in the world.
Short-term goals (1-5 years)
- To develop and strengthened the cluster in terms of more efficient collaboration and by attracting new industrial partners.
- To use the existing innovation systems at LiU and Chalmers to accelerate knowledge transfer to the industrial partners.
- To define new areas where III-N electronics can be utilized and initiated activities in these areas.
- To initiate new research activities motivated by requirements posed by industrial collaboration (e.g. reliability)
- To promote the mobility between industry and academia by encouraging and supporting long term stays, guest lecturing, supervision etc.
- To develop the research infrastructures (for material growth and characterization; device and circuit fabrication and characterization) at academia to be able to support relevant industrial collaborations.
- To initiate and attract new international academic collaboration partners, through the research programs in the centre.
Long-term goals (10 years)
- To perform research that is relevant and directly transferable to industrial partners at different levels in the supply chain, which is evidenced by IP (patents and licenses), standardization, new products, growing SMEs, and new spin-offs.
- To educate researchers and engineers with relevant knowledge and experience, as evidenced by PhDs employed by the industrial partners. These persons will have the capability of utilizing research results in an industrial environment. In this way they can secure an efficient method of knowledge transfer and will promote further collaborations between academia and industry.
- To contribute to new research areas which have attracted funding to academia.
- To contribute to the availability of III-N electronics for the industrial partners by supporting the growth of a Swedish and European supply-chain.
- To initiate and follow cutting edge research in III-N based electronics as evidenced by publications and invited talks.