Short-term goals (1-5 years)
- We have developed and strengthened the cluster in terms of more efficient collaboration and by attracting new industrial partners.
- We have used the existing innovation systems at LiU and Chalmers to accelerate knowledge transfer to the industrial partners.
- We have defined new areas where III-N electronics can be utilized and initiated activities in these areas.
- We have initiated new research activities motivated by requirements posed by industrial collaboration (e.g. reliability)
- We have promoted the mobility between industry and academia by encouraging and supporting long term stays, guest lecturing, supervision etc.
- We have developed the research infrastructures (for material growth and characterization; device and circuit fabrication and characterization) at academia to be able to support relevant industrial collaborations.
- We have, through the research programs in the centre, been able to initiate and attract new international academic collaboration partners.
Long-term goals (10 years)
- We have performed research that is relevant and directly transferable to industrial partners at different levels in the supply chain, which is evidenced by IP (patents and licenses), standardization, new products, growing SMEs, and new spin-offs.
- We have educated researchers and engineers with relevant knowledge and experience, as evidenced by PhDs employed by the industrial partners. These persons will have the capability of utilizing research results in an industrial environment. In this way they can secure an efficient method of knowledge transfer and will promote further collaborations between academia and industry.
- The collaborative research has contributed to new research areas which have attracted funding to academia.
- We have contributed to the availability of III-N electronics for the industrial partners by supporting the growth of a Swedish and European supply-chain.
- We have initiated and followed cutting edge research in III-N based electronics as evidenced by publications and invited talks.